About The Library:
Library is the place where minds find food for knowledgeable thoughts; it is the ground upon which students learn to climb stairs of education. Dr S Radhakrishnan once said that “Library is a heart of an institution”, that makes it pretty clear about the importance of existence and services of library.
The Library of Jhargram Raj College (Girls’ Wing) is only few years old; it contains a substantial number of collections in all subjects as offered by the college. The collection covers text books, reference books, and maps, inspirational and motivational books. The college library composed of two attached hall rooms; office of the librarian and staff working area is located on the ground floor whereas, reading hall residing on the first floor with 40 seating capacity. The entire library secured by CCTV surveillance.
The library offers its lending and reading services for the entire student community of the college, teachers, and its’ non teaching staff members.
Rani Indira Debi Government Girls’ College
Library users need to know the 5 laws of Library Science by Shiyali Ramamrita Ranganathan (S.R.R.) father of library science-
- Books are for use. (This simplest law places emphasis on using books, rather than keeping those showpieces in lockers).
- Every person his or her book. (Reader always comes first, if there is no user/ reader then, even a huge library collection’s value will converted into zero).
- Every book its reader. (It implies that each and every single piece of book in a library deserves a reader).
- Save the time of the reader. (It’s an important factor to make the procedures faster so that users can expand their rich time on exploring the books).
- A library is a growing organism. (The word ‘growing’ represent from all aspects of a library; Growth of collection, growth of library staff, growth in amount of users and along with all these 3 aspects growth of infrastructure is equally required).
- Deposit your bag at property counter, and make sure to take it back before leaving the library will not be liable for any loss/ Damage.
- Enter your name and sign in the entrance register.
- Personal books are not allowed inside the library
- Do not bring food inside the library.
- Maintain silence in the library.
- Treat books kindly and gently. Marking on the books, tearing pages etc. are most objectionable and may lead to punishment.
- Take only 2 books at a time to read.
- Return the books to their proper places.
- Reference books, magazines and journals are only for the use within the library and are not permitted to take home.
- LIMIT: Only 2 (Two) Books for a student.
- RERURN: One can keep the book for a period of 15 (fifteen) days. Returns of books are mandatory before e date mentioned in the ‘Library Book Issue Slip’ attached to the book.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Borrowed books are non-transferable and lender is responsible for the book until it returned to the library.